Friday, November 13, 2015

Freebie Friday : Crochet apples and cherries

Back in Novemember 2014 I saw a cute crochet ghost ornament that grabbed all my heart strings and pulled it. It looked easy enough and my ego as a crafty gal was sky high having "successfully" made a cushion (it was supposed to be a cat cave really, but they didn't grasp that concept well). I was soon pressed to admit I had no idea what was going on when it came to amigurumi and humbly chose something super easy to make first - Cherries. Well, that wasn't my intention actually - I was looking for HOW to start crocheting and this cherry caught my eye on Youtube as it was one of thes shortest videos and I wasn't really into making FLAT appliques.

 I made A LOT of cute cherries that day (10) and I was starting to get comfortable with how crocheting worked. It was super easy to make and so ADORABLE.  The practical side of me said, "what will you do with this? will it just be a dust collector?" and I felt instantly bad even though it made me so happy to look at these little cherries. Then, just like a sign from up above this little meme came into my life and made it all better !!!
Yes, happiness IS useful - in fact, most useful thing ever.
So after I conquered cherries, I decided to try something BIGGER....an APPLE.
I don't have this apple I made anymore - I made this apple with a friend and her sister napped it before I can take a picture to show it.  Its another super duper easy project - and absolutely adorable. Unfortunately though, I didn't write down where I got them from in the tip-in pages of my agenda so I couldn't give credit to one this pattern came from. I used a 3mm hook (size E i think?) and light weight yarn I think - this yarn had lost its label so I bought it , which is why I couldn't say but its similar to my other lightweight yarns. it makes for a cute key chain! you can click HERE for pdf version for download, if you prefer.

3D apple key chain

·         lightweight yarn of your choice for apple
·         light weight yarn for leaf
·         2.5 or 3mm hook
·         key chain parts

Stiches used:
Sc = single crochet
dec = decrease
mc = magic circle 

Notes: when it says 2sc this means 2 sc in the same stitch, when the number comes AFTER, it means the amount of crochet in consecutive stiches. For example, sc2 means sc in each of the next two stitches.

rnd 1:                 mc 6st                                         (6)
Rnd2:                 inc around                                (12)
Rnd 3:                sc , inc around                         (18)
Rnd 4:                sc 2, inc around                      (24)
Rnd 5:                sc around                                  (24)
Rnd 6:                sc 3, inc around                      (30)
Rnd 7 -8:           sc around                                  (30)
Rnd 9:                sc 4, inc around                      (36)
Rnd 10 - 12:     sc around                                  (36)
Rnd 13:             sc 5, inc around                      (42)
Rnd 14:             sc around                                  (42)
Rnd 15:             sc 4 , dec around                      (36)
Rnd 16:             sc 3, dec around                      (30)
Rnd 17:             sc 2, dec around                      (24)
Rnd 18:             sc, dec around                        (18)
Rnd 19:             dec around                               (12)
F/O
Pull the yarn from the top to the bottom centre to make indent to give apple a shape, secure it with a few knots and  trim.

Leaf:
1: chain 5, sc into 2nd stich from the hook
2: hdc, dc,hdc 2
3: stem - ch2 , hdc 2
4: dc, hdc, sc
f/o and attach to apple.


OPTIONAL: attach key rings at the tip of the stem.

There once was a Youtube video on making an apple - I think that's where this came from - but I can't seem to find it now :( I hope the pattern is easy to understand and hope you enjoy!! This would be my first attempt at writing a pattern so let me know if I'm missing anything :S Of course,  feel free to share this pattern and what you made via my other social networks on FB or, instagram at shyni_moonlightings.

till next time!!!

Love always,
Shines

No comments:

Post a Comment