Friday, January 8, 2016

Freebie Friday: Elsa of Arendale

Who doesn't love Frozen? I loved the song even before I watched the movie (thank you , spoiler ex co-workers) and while I love all my animation movies this was probably one of best and possibly all time favourite. I love the ever optimistic and happy Anna but I felt that we can all relate to Elsa who goes through various stages of fear an uncertainty and ...shame of what you were born with. The journey to finding ourselves and to self love is a hard one, one most of us struggle with.


I found a pattern of Elsa unlike any other - it flip/transforms between the two Elsa. She called it "transformable Elsa" which is essentially a topsy-turvy doll.
The instructions are in Spanish and I found it to be a little bit difficult to understand at times but, not impossible to follow. I am going to see if I can clean it up so I can share it one day but don't quote me on that yet :) Head's up: its a lot more work than you think it may be.

The hair was the most challenging part for me but it worked out pretty darn well, and now that I've done it once, I will surely be able to face it again. It wasn't as tedious or hard as I thought it was going to be. In fact, dare I say I enjoyed making this doll?

As the doll was intended for a little girl, I didn't end up putting in the embroidery detail as instructions and the original doll had, but I will make one available on my Etsy soon with the completed details :)

This Elsa is SO CUTE.
perfect for a little girl... I want to make this doll one of these days possibly for a little girl :D I love the details of the facial features.
 I just don't know if I  can survive making something so large...and so much hair to stitch......O...ammm...geeee .... I do feel better better about attaching hair but I am not sure if I can deal with this much hair. Not to mention the embroidered eyes!!! omg what  will I do with that? how LONG will I procrastinate before I give this doll eyes?! (I still have a doll that is bald due to my "fear" of hair attachments). Having said that, I also like a challenge so it will probably remain in my bucket list lol.



Anyhow that is all for this weeek, hope you like and keep on hookin' :)
Love always,
Shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment